Why pet waste should be picked
up as frequently as possible:
- Everyone will benefit
including you, your family,
your neighbors, and your
- Weekly clean up keeps the smell to a minimum.
- Rain water carries pet waste directly into waterways.
- Many types of bacteria, parasites, viruses, and diseases are found in dog waste. For example, animal waste may contain harmful organisms such as Salmonella, E-coli, & Giardia that can be transmitted to humans or other pets.
- Roundworms and hookworms can be deposited by an infected pet and can live in the soil for a long period of time.
- People and pets could inadvertently step in the waste and transfer it into your home or car.
- Some pets may smell and eat their waste.